We support the use of masks and social distancing. Masks should be worn when paying for rounds and when in the clubhouse. The Talbot Rod and Gun Club will adhere to the Guidelines imposed by the State at any given time.
Summary of Range Rules
- All shooters are responsible for following the safety rules posted outside the club house.
- All shooters must sign in prior to shooting.
- If you are a non-member, please check in with the Safety Officer before shooting.
- Firearms used: .410 bore, 28, 20, 16, or 12 gauge only.
- No shot larger than 7-1/2.
- 2-3/4 inch shells only.
- Barrels shorter than 24 inches are not allowed.
- Only Registered Shooters signed up for an event are permitted to shoot on days of a registered shoot.
Cardinal Rules of Gun Safety
ALWAYS Keep The Gun Pointed In A Safe Direction
This is the primary rule of gun safety. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.
ALWAYS Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Ready To Shoot
When holding a gun, rest your finger alongside the frame and outside the trigger guard. Until you are actually ready to fire, do not touch the trigger.
ALWAYS Keep The Gun Unloaded Until Ready To Use
If you do not know how to open the action or inspect the chamber(s), leave the gun alone and get help from someone who does.