The Talbot Rod and Gun Club will be open for shooting on Sunday May 17. 2020. We realize that the recent closing of the club was necessary but we can now resume activities while adhering to the following guidelines.
1) No more than 5 on a field at any given time.
2) No more than two folks should operate the control button and it is preferable to have a one person not shooting to operate the control button.
3) The club house will be closed except for bathroom use. One person at a time.
4) Social Distance should be maintained at all times before, during and after shooting.
5) The cash box will be kept outside and monitored by a club member.
6) Shooters are asked to sanitize the control button before exiting the field and any other high contact areas.
7) Masks are optional but are suggested . Masks should be used when paying for rounds.
Please make every effort to keep our club safe so we can continue to enjoy our shooting activities.
Summary of Range Rules
- All shooters are responsible for following the safety rules posted outside the club house.
- All shooters must sign in prior to shooting.
- If you are a non-member, please check in with the Safety Officer before shooting.
- Firearms used: .410 bore, 28, 20, 16, or 12 gauge only.
- No shot larger than 7-1/2.
- 2-3/4 inch shells only.
- Barrels shorter than 24 inches are not allowed.
- Only Registered Shooters signed up for an event are permitted to shoot on days of a registered shoot.
Cardinal Rules of Gun Safety
ALWAYS Keep The Gun Pointed In A Safe Direction
This is the primary rule of gun safety. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.
ALWAYS Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Ready To Shoot
When holding a gun, rest your finger alongside the frame and outside the trigger guard. Until you are actually ready to fire, do not touch the trigger.
ALWAYS Keep The Gun Unloaded Until Ready To Use
If you do not know how to open the action or inspect the chamber(s), leave the gun alone and get help from someone who does.